2021 has arrived and I am not sure any year has been more anticipated, lets make it the best one yet!
The new year often energizes us towards change; resolutions to exercise more, healthier eating, spiritual renewal, more time with friends and family and of course healthier, younger looking skin;
Here are my top 6 skin care resolutions to start the year off right.
At EASTND we a carry a beautiful of line of trusted natural, safe and effective skin care by Province Apothecary.
BOOK YOUR SKIN CONSULT TODAY, we can help you build a simple yet effective skin routine for your skin type.
2. Product Cleanse - since we have decided to simplify now is the perfect time to clean out our cabinets. Start with expired products, most will have an expiry date on the bottle, if not anything older than 1 year should be tossed.
Many products are not properly packaged and can lead to oxidation and rendering the product useless. Look for a change of colour in your products, if either a yellowish or brownish tinge they are no longer useful and could actually cause irritation.
3. Keep it clean! Watch for these ingredients and stay clear.
For more details on these ingredients and their harmful effects CLICK HERE.
4. EXFOLIATE - it doesn’t matter your age, your skin type or skin condition, exfoliation is your friend and the surest way to healthy beautiful skin.
Cell turn over is a natural skin process however if our skin cells are not properly exfoliated they build up on the skin surface leaving behind dark dry patches and an over all dullness.
Dry brushing is a great way to exfoliate and encourage cell turn over
5. Supplement for healthy skin - in a perfect world, we would get all the nutrients our skin and body needs from our food. In reality it’s hard, even with the healthiest of eaters we often lack the proper vitamins and amino acids in our diet. Supplementing with professional grade products can fill the gap. Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 & B12, and Zinc.
The new year is the perfect time to meet with one of our ND’s, they have an array of tools that can help you determine which vitamins will be best for you.
6. AVOID the dirty 8 seed oil. My final but important resolution for 2021 for not only beautiful skin but better over all health!
When possible avoid cooking or eating these inflammatory oils:
Learn more on the harmful effects of these seed oil CLICK HERE.
Take this as an opportunity to have a professional natural skin rejuvenation treatment with our medical aesthetician at EASTND.
Karen, Medical Aesthetician
Don’t miss out! Receive our LOVE YOUR SKIN newsletter. Sign up below!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You'r information will not be shared.