How does sulfur work?
Bacteria and excessive sebum oil causes inflammation in the skin, leading to whiteheads and blackheads clogging the pores with dead skin cells and excessive oil. Cysts, pimples, papules, form when inflammation of the skin occurs and acne-causing bacteria are trapped under the surface.
Sulfur known as a bacteriostatic agent will not kill bacteria but prevents it from multiplying and help prevent pimples from developing.
An effective exfoliant sulfur removes dead skin cells cleaning the skin preventing oil from clogging the pores and again preventing pimples from developing.
Sulfur seems to have the best results with sensitive and oily skin because the gentle drying effective of sulfur without causing irritation or redness commonly found with other acne products.
Oily skin can easily form whiteheads and blacks heads because of excessive oil clogging the pores. Most acne treatments meant to kill bacteria and manage inflammation have trouble getting through the excessive oil however Sulfur easily gently dries out the oil.
“As sulfur’s super power is in prevention of breakouts and not treating pimples it best to leverage sulfurs gentle drying and bacterial control properties to support your current skin care regimen.”
1. Double cleanse - start with EASTND’s in house Sulfur Soap as your base cleanse. Followed with an oil based cleanser.
Using a double cleanse process ensures you remove all make your make up along with all the days dirt and pollution.
2. Toner - spray or apply with cotton pad to your face, neck and chest.
3. Moisturize - every day. Not only will you have soft hydrated skin, it improves over all tone and texture and even helps soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Exfoliate - a gently exfoliant is enough but should be done at least 1-2 times pre week. Removing dead skin cells is the ultimate detox!
5. SPF - don’t leave home with out, better yet apply it for thing every morning. And remember your neck, chest and hands.
CLICK here for our line of natural clean skin care products.
As an added bonus not only is sulfur highly effective in preventing acne break outs it can treat and reduce acne scarring and hyperpigmentation caused by break outs.
Treating acne scars
Keep in mind sulfur though has gentle drying properties over using it will not give you better results. Once a day is enough and if you notice any sensitivity in the skin should be used every second day and used with your current treatment regimen.
Take this as an opportunity to have a professional natural skin rejuvenation treatment with our medical aesthetician at EASTND.
Karen, Medical Aesthetician
Don’t miss out! Receive our LOVE YOUR SKIN newsletter. Sign up below!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You'r information will not be shared.