We all need our dose of vitamin D but finding the perfect balance is not always easy. We have pulled together 5 easy, breezy steps to keep your skin hydrated + healthy for beautiful summer skin.
Let’s get started…
1. SPF is the easiest most obvious one but not always applied. Besides keeping you safe from sunburns, wearing sunscreen, even on cloudy days, stop the signs of premature aging
It is estimated that up to 90% of skin damage/aging is caused by sun exposure without proper sun protection.
2. Hydration is key. We automatically think drinking more water will keep our skin hydrated, though great for the body it doesn’t automatically lead to hydrated skin. A few things to keep in mind this summer:
3. Using the right moisturizers. We have three different types to choose from:
Many products on the market are combination of all three.
4. Exfoliate, 1 to 2 times a week. In the summer we often move to a simpler skincare routine but skipping your exfoliation will just lead to a buildup of dead skin cells that leave you with clogged pores and uneven skin tone.
Remember to always use a gentle exfoliant like a powder oat base exfoliant and be sure to say “no thank you” to coffee scrubs on our faces.
PROFESSIONAL SKIN SERVICES like microdermabrasion and gentle facials in the summer are a great way to keep the natural healthy glow all summer long. Book our Custom Facial today
5. Consider a self-tanner. It’s hard to not want that sun kissed bronze look and the best way to get is by using a self-tanner. The great news is there are so many great products available to you for home use. Yes the standup professional tans are popular but they can be costly, there are more affordable options available.
6. Wear a hat + try to stay out of direct sunlight whenever possible. The only real way to ensure you don’t get sun damage which equals skin damage and premature aging is to just stay out of the direct sun. Hats and flowy light cover ups are not only protective but very cute!
We all want to enjoy the summer heat and if you keep these simple tips in mind, your skin will thank you for it all summer long.
Take this as an opportunity to have a professional natural skin rejuvenation treatment with our medical aesthetician at EASTND.
Karen, Medical Aesthetician
Don’t miss out! Receive our LOVE YOUR SKIN newsletter. Sign up below!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You'r information will not be shared.