Beautiful healthy skin is not just for women.
Most of us assume men are not interested in a skincare routine but the truth is many just don’t know where to start. It’s pretty understandable, most products and information target women but men are also concerned about healthy younger looking skin.
It’s not uncommon for men to experience acne breakouts, dry flaky skin, sun damage, redness and yes men even are concerned with fine lines and wrinkles. Committing to a simple but consistent skincare routine will make all the difference in your skin.
Here are six easy steps to implement daily in your skincare routine:
1. SPF every single day! - Sun damage is the number one reason for aging skin and men tend not think about sunscreen unless they are starting to burn. Once you get to this point the damage is already done.
Daily use of sunscreen of at least 30 will reduce your likelihood of sun spots, fine lines and wrinkles and loss of collagen in your skin.
2. Cleanse twice a day everyday. Yes men don’t wear make up but regardless if you wear make up or not, dirt, oil and dead skin cells build up on the skin and need to be washed away.
At EASTND we recommend an oil base cleanser. Use daily to thoroughly remove dirt and pollution without disrupting the natural pH of your skin
3. Add a serum - yes! a high quality natural serum such our Backuchiol in.house EASTND brand can not only hydrate your skin, it will help control acne breakouts, reduce hyperpigmentation and reduce the signs of agin. Our Backuchiol is a natural safe alternative to retinol.
4. Moisturizer’s protect our skin and lock-in hydration which is essential for healthy younger skin. Even oily skin needs moisturizer, without it, your skin will actually not only become dry and dehydrate it will start to over produce oil, clogging pores and leading to acne breakouts.
5. Exfoliate - use a gentile oat based cleanser 2 x 3 a week in the shower. Exfoliating away all the dead skin cells will help prevent acne breakouts, leave your skin smoother and clear the way for a smooth shave.
6. Shave in the shower using your oil based cleanser. Not only will it save you time, using an oil base cleanser on your skin will ensure a smooth nick free shave and avoid the dryness left from many foam shaving creams.
Consistency is KING!
At the end of the day, taking care of your skin is not more than 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night. Following these simple easy steps will go a long way to ensuring healthy glowing skin.
If you are looking to take it to the next level take this as an opportunity to have a professional natural skin rejuvenation treatment with our medical aesthetician at EASTND.
Karen, Medical Aesthetician
Don’t miss out! Receive our LOVE YOUR SKIN newsletter. Sign up below!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You'r information will not be shared.