Fall is here, less heat and humidity, replaced with crisp mornings and warm afternoons. Most of us embrace this time of year, we love our sweater weather.
Fall is also the perfect time to refresh and rejuvenate our skin and prepare for the harsh winter months ahead.
Here are the 5 perfect steps to not only get your skin ready for winter but keep it beautiful and hydrated all winter long.
1. Exfoliate - After a long summer of applying sunscreen, heavy moisturizer and oils it’s time to exfoliate!
The quickest way, with really no downtime is microdermabrasion for the face. Good news this treatment is also very effective for our chest, arms and neck.
This is also the time of year to incorporate a gentle exfoliator at home, like Province Apothecary’s oat based exfoliator that can be used 2 x 3 times a week, depending on your skin type.
2. A Heavy Moisturizer - Light weight creams are great in the summer and even under our make up for daily use but it may be time to invest in a heavier, richer hydrating cream to use at night.
With the change in temperature and the heat on in the house many of us tend to have dryer skin and even dry spots and itchiness.
You are going to want to look for a moisturizer with ingredients such as:
At EASTND Moncton we use Province Apothecary Hydrating Rescue Balm with all the above super ingredients, ready to hydrate your skin
3. Oil Base Cleanser - Oil base cleansers have been used for centuries, safe for all skin types while rebalancing the skins natural oil production. This is exactly what our skin needs after a hot summer that can often lead to dry and dehydrated skin.
Oily or acne prone skin? Not to worry, oil cleans oil and because oil base cleansing re-balances the skin there is no over production of sebum throughout the day.
In fact our Province Apothecary Moisturizing Cleanser contains avocado, jojoba, raspberry seed, lavender, evening primrose oil and more. These hydrating oils remove make up & excess oil, restoring your skin’s natural radiance while gently cleansing without over-drying your skin or destroying its natural pH. Raspberry Oil stimulates cell turnover, rejuvenating skin. Bergamot Oil clears congestion. Frankincense tones the skin.
Lavender heals blemishes and works as a restorative. Our cleanser helps your skin stay nourished, balanced, and healthy.
4. Serum Time - and not just any serum but our in.house EASTND B Serum time, a natural alternative to retinol and retinoids.
Highly concentrated in backuchiol (33%), made in small batches and by hand our B Serum is exactly what your skin is craving.
Bakuchiol increases skin cell turnover, shedding older, dryer and discoloured skin, leaving smoother, clearer skin. Dark, uneven pigmentation fades, improving tone and texture of the skin.
5. Dry Brushing - Nothing exfoliates and the gets the blood pumping like dry brushing. Dry brushing alleviates the dry itchy feeling we get after the summer is gone. Your skin will be smoother, softer and absorb your moisturizer more effectively.
A simple hand held brush with soft bristles will do the trick. You are going to want to start at your feet and move up the body in circular movements, about 3-4 for times in each spot as you move up towards the heart.
The winter months are the way and we can help you prepare your skin!
Are you in Moncton? Take this opportunity to have a professional natural skin rejuvenation treatment with our medical aesthetician at EASTND.
Karen, Medical Aesthetician
Don’t miss out! Receive our LOVE YOUR SKIN newsletter. Sign up below!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You'r information will not be shared.