Learn What Ingredients To Avoid & Check Out Our Favourite CLEAN Beauty Products
Considering that our skin is our body's largest organ, it's important to consider what we put on it. In the last decade more and more literature is shining light on the ill-effects of certain toxins and our health. In particular, our endocrine (and reproductive), nervous, and cardiovascular systems. Most of us are impacted by cancer to some degree (whether personally, in the family, or through a friend) it's time we take the chance to educate ourselves on what we can do to lead a more toxin-free life.
Our Naturopathic Doctor's are focused on MORE clean beauty and LESS dirty chemicals so here is our list of must-eliminate-ingredients from your favourite beauty products:
- Parabens *Think Breast Cancer
- Synthetic Colours (FD&C or D&C) *Think Cancer & ADHD (Banned in Europe)
- Fragrance *Think Infertility & Allergies
- Phthalates *Think Breast Cancer & Birth Defects
- Triclosan* Think Thyroid & Reproductive Disruptors
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) or Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS) *Think Kidney & Lung Damage
- Formaldehyde *Think Allergies & Nasal Cancers
- Toluene *Think Immune Toxin & Birth Defects
- Propylene Glycol *Think Hives
- PABA, avobenzone, homosalate, ethoxycinnmate *Think Cellular Damage & Cancer
Looking for clean beauty supplies? Check out our list. If you are curious about something not on this list, type it into EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetic Database to get a rating (https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/).
Our ND's prefer CLEAN beauty products:
- Province Apothecary
- Carina Organics
- Indie Lee
- Mad Hippie
- Tata Harper
- Leaves of Trees
If you are looking for clean products, or want to chat, stop by EAST ND clinic Mon-Friday between 9-5 to catch us/ check out our health shop.
- Dr. Tatlock & Dr. Leduc